Search This Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2009

One Blue Morning


"I don't believe in baptism or the waters of Jordan or anything like that, but I guess I feel about a hot bath the way those religious people feel about holy water."
I woke up feeling quite blue. Many new hurdles. Some ends. Quite a few beginnings. And all the confusion, pressure and haze that transition sometimes brings. Didn't know what to do. Room was in disarray. Seemed like a representation of current state of affairs. Alarming. So tidied up. Didn't feel better. Felt like I was tucking the stray tee shirts of pending deadlines, payments, worries and other woes out of sight. Paranoid. Had to act. Fast.
I've always related to Sylvia Plath. I remember reading The Bell Jar the day before my HS examinations were supposed to start, and feeling completely awed by the book and the author. And the images. That felt almost like they had been pulled out of my subconscious.. I was quite volatile then, and realised later that perhaps it would have been wiser to have read the book after the exams were over. But I've never regretted it... It's become one of my favorite books, and I love Plath. I've digressed too much...
So, I decided on something that never fails. Hot shower therapy. It was a 30 minute long slow and relieving process. By the time I stepped out my skin was pink and there was enough steam to affect visibility. A clean room, a purified body, lovely morning shadows on the bed, sweet smell of aromatic oils, a cup of green tulsi tea and a good 30 minutes of daimoku...
The world seemed like a better place already. And by the time I left home, there was a renewed sense of hope. :)

No comments: