Search This Blog

Friday, April 24, 2015

Love is Painful...............


Have you ever loved someone so much that you didn't care if you bled, hurt, or even gave up your soul, if it were for them?

My head throbs a little. I have been staring at the white light too long. My heartbeat is slowing, coming back to normal. My hands, that were desperately clawing at the ground in a pathetic attempt to dim the pain, clench to fists. Muddy nails dig into my palms. The light is obstructed by dark shadows and heavy voices. I am too weak and in pain to tell those voices to quiet down, I can't hear my angel's lullaby.
She is stroking my hair as I stare at the white light- her glowing face. She is so beautiful. She is sobbing slightly, her face contorted with pain and rage.
"I'm so sorry," she says gently, her voice so melodious it sounded as if she sang the words.
I want to tell her to stop apologising. I want to end all her pain, I wish, I wish I could end it all.
My chest aches, almost as if my heart is on fire. The manacles around my swollen, bloody feet no longer hurt as much as they were before- that pain has been overpowered by something else, something in a league of its own. I scream involuntarily, which comes out muffled by the gurgling noises made by my choking on the blood I am coughing out.
"It's time," the voice from the shadows says.
I know enough to know that this is the end.
"Sing to me again," I manage to whisper. She nods and continues with her lullaby. I stare at her beautiful, pained face. Its glow ensnares me. I'd die no other way. Her rosebud lips mouth the words of the song, just as the hole in my heart engulfs my being.
The pain means nothing.

No comments: