Search This Blog

Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Love Song:Part two


"Can we dance?", I took your hand,
And endlessly we whirled,
Whilst soft the leaves of summer fell,
And broken brown, they twirled.

You left me, you left me here,
Two summers gone, and spring,
Shall ne'er again such soft delight,
In it's warm kisses bring.

A blasted heath stands where you stood,
A desert where you lay,
An empty grave where dusty swirl,
My colours turn to grey.

A leaf in time, you withered, fell,
A leaf, you came and went.
Oh evergreen is my darkness now,
Your feeble candle spent.

But there within that sheltered place,
Where seasons soft we stayed,
Within the fields of timeless love,
Where our feet had strayed,

A single blessed flower, bright,
Upon that field it grows,
You've secret kissed that sacred spot,
Love sprouts anew, my Rose.

No comments: