Search This Blog

Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Love Song:part one




This tender night, Rose, you and I
We lie upon this grass.
Soft and lush, it echoes green,
And star-shadows pass,


Their light they silver, write in runes,
On the pages of your face,
Like notes of music in the dark,
Our destinies they trace.

Your hair falls tumbling all around,
Your lips on mine are warm,
We shape a place in starlight still,
sheltered from the storm.

Our arms, twining, pining weave,
Around us, grasping feel,
Your skin glows upon me soft,
Your child-like laughter peals.


Some goddess of my dreams you seem,
You taste of honey-combs,
You smell like raindrops on dry leaves,
On shingle-beach sea foam.

I love you

sunlight loves the blossoms white,
Upon whose face it shines.
Like the flowers I love my sun,
light in skies of mine.

I love you

Like parched earth loves the rain,
Whose warm tears slowly seep,
Down to the earth's thirsting soul,
That love-lorn dryly weeps.

Then with star-strung symphonies,
Raining cloudy tears that pine,
As your breath's vapours rise and fall,
And mingle into mine,


Crazed images and visions all,
Are running through my head,
And swirling dance like blankets whirl,
Around you on your bed.

The rain-song of my summer love,
Is sprouting from your kiss,
The mystic harmonies we string,
Are fading into bliss.


A maydance. Drunken dizzy bees,
The sleep of a thousand years,
Salty-sweet the pangs of love,
Trickle down my cheeks as tears.

The mad fiddler, noise and cricket song,
In soggy monsson trees,
We danced, we laughed and on the winds,
Sang unsung melodies.

No comments: