Search This Blog

Saturday, June 7, 2008

High on the Heaven


I love this snap. It was taken(not really) on a rainy afternoon when BlueBird and I were caught in a downpour that flooded the City. We were parked, waiting for friends, and the misty wind-shield started forming little droplets which glistened like diamonds in the light cast upon them by the setting Sun. The street where the car stood was lined on both sides by lush trees. The foliage cast dancing shadows on Us. They danced on my skin and my very being danced with it. The rain had ceased and leaving the world looking fresh. It breathed new life into even dead concrete and for a moment, the worries ceased, and Innocence returned to the City. I rolled down the window, and Zephyr gently kissed my face. I yearned to stretch my legs and let myself be absorbed into that feeling of bliss.. and as i was about to open the door, our companions arrived and off we went to the dark depths of multiplexes.Complex human beings off to watch the complexity of other human beings, leaving this Beauty behind. Hmmph!So, as quick as i could, i wiped a little circle on the glass, and through the droplets, and glass, and leaves, captured the image of the setting sun. A slice of Perfection. Hurriedly stuffed into my purse, to be retrieved at a later (grey) hour.. and marvelled over. And treasured, if not on screen, then in my mind's eye, forever.

No comments: